the baby's weight of 4 months has doubled compared to when she was born. Infants 4 months of men will generally weigh 5.6 - 8.6 kg with a length of about 60 - 67.8 cm. While the baby girl
A 3-month-old baby is able to reach objects, at this age, he begins to catch vowels and consonants forming basic words in the language that he often interacts with. Although not yet able to identify these words as names of objects or other people's calls, but he will still excited to say the syllables.
Motor abilityAt this age, a special bouncy baby shake (Bouncer) can be an excellent playground for babies. Toys hanging on it can be a tool for developing hand and eye coordination. In addition, in general, babies 4 months old have the following abilities
- Can grab objects that interest him, indicating hand coordination and his eyesight is improving.
- His eyes can follow the movement and movement of things from one place to another.
- His head can be erect without help
- Can reverse the body from prone position to the back and vice versa, he can straighten up his arms and legs, and arch his back.
- If it is established the baby's feet can already trace the floor, although not yet able to walk
- A 4-month-old baby can hold his head and shoulders when lifted from the bed and in his carry.
- Babies can already sit but in the buffer with the help of the hands of parents.
Since the 4-month-old baby starts rolling over, then make sure he or she rolls over on the bed or on a safe surface. place a safety around it, like a pile of pillows to keep from falling. Giving praise is also necessary as when he changes positions. this will make her more glamorous to repeat the movement with the muscle treble will be more and more trained.
Speech abilityBaby age 4 months already can chatter and imitate sounds that he heard by watching the movement of our lips while talking. He can start chattering by combining consonants and vowels. He had begun to like his ability to make sounds and hear the sound in his own ears.
You can invite her to communicate by saying simple words like "mama" and "papa". Chances are he can imitate us. You also need to respond as soon as your child tries to say something. This is needed to make him more confident to say more words.
Social skillsA 4-month-old baby can generally smile spontaneously against the person who caught his attention, otherwise, he has been able
- Imitate the expression of a wide-eyed or sullen adult's face.
- Start playing with other people and can cry when the game stops.
- Still communicating with crying. the sound of crying will be different for every need, such as tired, hungry, or sick.
- He also can laugh at what he thinks is funny.
Read AlsoBaby Often Shocked, Do not Worry
Another thing to noteThe baby's stomach 4 months is bigger than before, so the frequency of breastfeeding will be less. Every time he feeds he will fill his stomach until full. To meet the baby's needs naturally, the nutrients in breast milk will turn into more fats and minerals
Some parents have started to give solid foods to infants aged 4 months. However, you should still get exclusive breastfeeding during the first 6 months. Giving complementary feeding too early can make the risk of allergies to be higher and infants can not benefit optimally from breast milk nutrition.
In addition, at this age, when nursing, his attention will be more often split by things around him, such as the sound of the sound of the tv, or the people who are around. It is recommended to breastfeed in a quiet place.
Consult a doctorIf there is something worrisome about its development, you should check your baby to the doctor if.
Baby 4 months does not smile when you see or something that attracts attention
His head cannot stand by itself.
- Can not pay attention to the movement of objects
- Do not put the object he holds to his mouth
- His legs do not streak to the surface of the floor if positioned standing
- Neither chatter or make any noise.